Saturday, March 2, 2013

Parmesan Kale Chips

Today I went to BJ's with the family and stumbled upon a massive bag of kale for  1.99. Who wouldn't buy that knowing the deliciousness that Kale Chips are. I had a disbeliever in the family (my mom) and I think I was able to successfully get that Yucky, Kale is garnish not food thought out of her head.

INGREDIENTS:

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Parmesan, divided
1/3 (16 oz) bag of kale (Can easily double but may need  more ziplocks)
Gallon sized Ziplock Bag
Sea Salt (Optional)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Mix olive oil and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese in Ziplock bag until combined.

Put kale in bag and seal shut.

Shake to evenly coat the kale.

Then open the bag partially to squeeze the air out. Close bag and massage ingredients into kale to let the tough leaves absorb the flavors.

Place kale chips evenly spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoy, and curse the fact you didn't buy enough kale because your whole family may want in on the deliciousness.


1 comment:

  1. Much to my disbelief (me, being the "disbelieving Mom" mentioned above, found these to be absoultely delicious! Who knew!!

    ReplyDelete