Instant Pot Vegetarian Mushroom and Eggplant Stroganoff
1 large onion, diced
1 lb. portobello mushrooms,gills removed then cubed
1 medium sized eggplant, cubed
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp soy sauce
3/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsbp fresh rosemary, minced, divided
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Truffle salt (Can be substituted with sea salt)
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups pasta (Used extra wide egg noodles)
1/3 c. sour cream
Prep in advance:
Dice eggplant at least 3 hours in advance, put in a container with salt water. Strain it over the sink when ready to use. This draws out alot of the bitterness.
1. Using the SAUTE function, add the onions, mushrooms, and eggplant to instapot and saute until soft. Add a splash of water as needed to prevent sticking. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and stir to combine. Cook for two minutes. Add flour, stirring frequently, and cook for 5 minutes. Add wine to pot and use a spatula to scrape anything stuck to the bottom of the pot. Cook until wine has evaporated.
3. Add vegetable stock, mustard, soy sauce, salt, pepper, half of the thyme, half of the rosemary, and pasta. Scrape anything that has stuck to bottom of pot.
4. Cancel the SAUTE function and secure the lid in place. Using the MANUAL function, modify the time to half the suggested time for the pasta, rounded down.
5. When time has lapsed use the QUICK RELEASE pressure by turning valve to Vent and Remove lid away from you.
6. Add sour cream to pasta and stir to combine.